Friday 30 October 2015

Room Revamp

Recently I decided that, now I've grown into a 17 year old working woman, I was going to treat the hell out of myself. As you saw previously, I took a day to town to do just that. But there was still one thing missing, still one thing that bothered me each time I woke up in the morning and when I went to bed at night; my bedroom.

The icky lime and hot pink walls covered in finger marks and blue-tack stains from old posters about my favourite books or TV shows, the worn carpet splotched with unknown stains here and there, the run down old chest of drawers and the overflowing bookcases. Something had to be done. 

So during this week that I was off school for half-term I decided to take it upon myself to do a little bit of DIY. So I threw on some old trackies and a comically over-sized shirt and got to work on painting the ceiling and painting the walls which took forever and idk how I'm still alive.

After some tears, a lot of sweat and a little bit of blood I finally finished painting. The colour I decided on was the beautiful Chic Shadow from Dulux which is primarily grey but has subtle purple undertones. Perfect, I know. And it's leaps and bounds better than those putrid colours 12 year old me decided on.

Next came the trip to IKEA. Who doesn't love IKEA? All that possibility squashed into that little flat pack of happiness. And how can you not love the market place? So many itty bitty little bits and bobs to fill your already brimming trolley ending with a Swedish meatball or two. 

The only furniture I really needed to change in my bedroom was my chest of drawers because I may or may not have had an accident involving some fire. So, keeping with my current colour scheme of white, I bought the Malm chest of drawers with 4 drawers. I also bought some extra shelves for my two Billy bookcases because I'm a bibliophile.



I will fill that shelf

It was very hard for me to contain myself when I got to the market place, and this was where I spent the majority of my time. Because I removed my fairy lights from my wall I needed a new light, and because I have a late night reading problem, I needed one beside my bed, so I went for the this Tertial floor lamp. Also, as I removed an old picture from my wall, I got this awesome and quite contradictory picture.


To decorate my new chest of drawers  I got some little LED tealights, (batteries not included, I learnt that the hard way) because of the fire thing and three mismatched candle holders; this little lantern in silver, this marble beauty in black and a flower wire design. I also bought this candle holder/plant pot to keep my makeup brushes in.



Finally, as a bit of an impulse buy, I decided on these three little cacti which I have fondly named after my three favourite prickly fictional characters. So I'd like you to meet (from left to right) Coin, Valentine and Draco! gahh I'm so weird


Sorry that there was a bit of a gap between this and my previous post but interior design is very time consuming it may seem. I hope you guys enjoyed it and, as always, tick a box and leave a comment!


N x







No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me how you feel